- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 cup water
- pink salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick cooking grits
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 pound peeled deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion strips
1. Combine milk, water, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer; gradually add grits, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat to medium; cook 4 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
2. While grits cook, cook shrimp in olive oil in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until pink. Remove shrimp from pan. Add white onion to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and black pepper; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp, pepper sauce, and red pepper; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are heated. Serve over grits; sprinkle with green onions.